3M™ Cubitron™ II Fibre Disc 987C is powered by 3M Precision-Shaped Grain technology for heavy-duty metalworking applications. This mineral is an exceptionally high-performing ceramic, resin-bonded to a stiff fiber backing. 3M™ Fibre 987C products also incorporate a grinding aid to keep the workpiece cooler, protecting heat-sensitive alloys from heat damage and reducing re-work. These features offer increased productivity for heavy-duty grinding on all metals, including stainless steel.
Ideal for Robotic Weld Grinding
In medium and high-pressure applications like robotic weld grinding, it’s important to choose a high-performance abrasive that cuts fast and lasts long. The self-fracturing mineral in 3M™ Cubitron™ II Fibre Disc 987C will keep your robot grinding welds long after other abrasives call it quits, reducing downtime and maximizing efficiency.
- Heavy duty metalworking applications
- Flame-cut edge cleanup
- High pressure grinding
- Right angle grinding
- Edge chamfering
- Weld removal and finishing
- Edge beveling
- Gate removal
About 3M Precision-Shaped Grain
To create 3M Precision-Shaped Grain, engineers start with 3M™ Ceramic Abrasive Grain and use proprietary technology to form the grains into triangular structures and electrostatically orient them on the backing to form sharp peaks that maximize cutting potential. These peaks slice cleanly through metal, rather than gouging or plowing as traditional abrasive grains do; and continuously self-sharpen as the points break off. This generates a super-fast cut and lessens heat build-up due to friction, reducing heat-related stress cracks and discoloration. The mineral also wears evenly, and because the abrasive stays cooler and sharper, 3M™ Cubitron™ II abrasives last significantly longer than their conventional ceramic counterparts, ensuring extended high performance in production applications.
- 3M Precision-Shaped Grain maintains super-sharp points that cut exceptionally fast with less pressure
- Stiff fiber backing and a strong resin bond provide durability and tear-resistance for heavyweight applications such as high-pressure weld grinding or beveling
- Mineral runs cooler and disc life is significantly longer, completing more parts per disc and requiring fewer disc changes
- Grinding aid incorporated on the disc minimizes grinding temperatures for heat-sensitive alloys
- Reduces changeouts and downtime in robotic and pressure-assisted applications
|Maximum Speed RPM
|Manufacturer Part Number